How To Ride A Cruiser Bicycle?
Last Updated on
Cruiser bicycle also is known as beach cruiser or motorbike. They are very familiar and popular with us. We often use a cruiser bicycle to reach our near or less far destination. So, it is important to know how to ride a cruiser bicycle.
To ride a cruiser bicycle easier and faster you can follow our tips. In this article, we will discuss briefly how you can prepare your cruiser bicycle and ride on it. So, let’s start:
Prepare Your Cruiser Bicycle for Ride
At first, you require to prepare your cruiser bicycle for a ride. For doing that you need to adjust the different parts of your cruiser bicycle according to your body heights and comforts. You should align the brakes, lubricating the bicycle chain, adjusting tire pressure, and the saddle, before start your cruiser bicycle ride.
It is very important to adjust your cruiser bicycle brakes properly. It will make your ride safer and faster. Breaks also protect you from accidents or falls. If your cruiser bicycle has a smooth break then you can easily control the speed of it. It makes it easier for you to pedal it more comfortably. Not properly aligned brakes create so many disturbances for the rider. It slows down the speed of cruiser bicycles and increases the risk of accidents. More importantly, you can’t pedal smoothly on the road if your brake doesn’t work properly.
At the same time, you also need to focus on your cruiser bicycle chain. Chains are so important for a bicycle. Because without chain you cannot pedal it. To get the smoother pedaling experience, you need to keep tabs on the bike chain and make sure that it remains lubricated. It also increases the speed of your cruiser bicycle. As a result, you don’t require more body force to pedal it.
You need to adjust your cruiser bicycle tire pressure thirty to forty PSI. This high tire pressure tends to increase your cruiser bicycle’s speed and the low tire pressure tends to increase rolling resistance. So, adjust your tire pressure according to your necessity and the route.
Finally, you need to give attention to your cruiser bicycle’s saddle. Like all other parts adjusting It is also equally important to repositioning the saddle of your cruiser bicycle in a comfortable height. The proper height position of the saddle allows your full leg extension during pedaling. So, it is essential to adjust the cruiser bicycle’s saddle according to your body’s comfort height. It makes your pedaling smoother and as well as improve your cycling performance.
Now your cruiser bicycle is ready for the ride. All of these small adjustments have a direct impact on your riding experience. These small adjustments will very effective to give you a happy ride with your cruiser bicycle along the way.
Riding Steps for a Cruiser Bicycle:
Here we discuss the riding steps of cruiser bicycle:
- Find a fitting location: At first, you should need to select you’re your route where you want to go. If you’re a learner then select a grass or smooth road to pedal.
- Wear riding clothing: Now time to wear riding clothes. You can wear long-sleeved shirts and long pants that save both of your hands and legs from scratch if you have fallen. You should avoid baggy pants, long skirts, and open-toed shoes.
- Put on a helmet: Helmets are recommended for both experienced and beginners cruiser bicycle riders. Helmet saves your head from any kind of serious injury. It protects you from head trauma which leaves a lasting impact and it is common in bicycle accidents. It is ideal to choose a rigid helmet for the safety of the head.
- Sit on the seat of the bicycle: We already discuss the adjustment of different parts of your cruiser bicycle. After the adjustment, you can start your riding. Now sit on the seat of your bicycle and get out for the ride.
- Start pedaling: Now, you can start pedaling. For pedaling, you require to use both feet accurately. When your one foot flat on a pedal pointed upwards, then keep your other foot on the ground. Gradually increase your speed. But keep in mind that over speed increases the risk of losing control too.
- Keep your eyes straight ahead: When you pedaling your cruiser bicycle you need to fully concentrate on that. Don’t look at obstacles just focus and keep your eyes straight ahead. Remain calm and relaxed until the finishing line of your riding.
During the riding period, you need to always be careful to avoid the accident. An accident can be the reason for your death. So be aware of every pedal.
Our article will help you to learn how to ride a cruiser bicycle. We also discuss how you can prepare your cruiser bicycle for a ride. We are very hopeful that all of our providing tips and information are workable for you. I wish you a happy cruiser bicycle riding.